Sunday, October 27, 2013

Soaking Up the Normal Things

Fall is the rainy season here in the mountains, which means we have some pretty gloomy days, but the sun is still not afraid to shine. Actually, considering that our altitude accounts for the major drop in temperature at night, and for a colder climate overall, today was absolutely perfect. It was sunny and warm, but not hot, with the bitter nip of colder weather mingled with the air. It's definitely fall now. We even took a hike for wild mushrooms and I took these pictures to prove it!




























Anyways, tonight my host mom made mushroom pizza. Now, I know what you're thinking, but it's not that kind of pizza. Imagine a mushroom the size of a small pizza crust topped with cheese and ham. That's about it, but it was so good! That one is going on my list of favorites, and it's so easy to make I'm holding onto the recipe for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment